Spent 2 nights imaging this with the HA and OIII clip in filter by Astronomik

10 hrs total time 5 hrs each filter 10 mins x iso 1600

Combined HA red channell OIII Blue and Green

FSQ106N

cANON 40D

Enjoy

Les

post-15556-133877373878_thumb.jpg

Nice work Les. When I do Ha I extract just the red channel.

For OIII is it the green channel you use?

Yes I used the green I still have to work on it as I also have some RGB data I need to figure into it but pleased with the outcome as I can use both these filters when the Moon pops up

Les

Personally I think the crescent is one of those objects that looks good close up or widefield as in this very nice image.

You've got to love all of the extra fluffy stuff with the widefield shots though.

Very nice Les.

Nice one Les,

I agree with the fact that the crescent is a nice target at a whole range of different FOv's.... there's so much else going on around there... :cool:

I have only had one go at it myself so far - last time I was imaging DSO's on 19th April... this had been a bad spring over here... :)

Peter...

Peter....

Very nice Les - Love the widefield...

How are you finding the narrowband with the Canon?

Cheers,

Richie

its not bad Ritchie, this is the firt time trying the OIII with the Canon so I still have alot to learn on how I should combine, it should work very well in my light polluted sky

I still want a CCD camera but this will do till I scrape the funds together :cool:

Les

Archived