NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10" (yes !) Intes Mak-Newt on E.Bay

John

Aye, that does look a quality scope John!

I suppose anyone living around the Bristol area (I wish I did!) might ba able to arrange a viewing.

Apart from the clouds, the only other tangible "downside" to this hobby is that there is always going to be something bigger and better appearing - to temp us!

It would be great if an "SGL" member bought the scope - at least we could get a good "First Light" report on it.

Regards,

Philsail1

This may be completely legitimate but I would urge a little bit of caution. In the listing the seller says:

'I like in So.Cal. so there is no humidity, it’s basically brand new.'

What does this mean? perhaps he meant to say:

I live in So.Cal ( Southern California??) . so there is no humidity, it’s basically brand new.

Well my geography is poor but I am not sure Bristol is near So. Cal nor is it a zero humidity location?

As I say might be legitimate but caution is needed with this item I beleive.

Adrian

I could be wrong but some of the wording has an American feel about it, so it could have been lifted from an American site. It may be a rip off and i am always careful of large expensive items on ebay on a 99p auction

lets hope it's not mind, as a 10" intes sounds just dandy to me :)

edit: you beat me to it Adrian :D

Caution yes, I'd agree about the Southern California bit, perhaps he's lived there and moved back ?? Either way it's a grand scope and if I were planning on buying I'd certainly arrange a viewing and pick-up ! Definitely wouldn't consider having it shipped.

I'll be watching this just out of curiosity-fab !!

Why buy it and not use it? He has no mount for it, well, it's no good without one. A scope of this quality would not be bought on a whim. Also, ebay is not the place to sell an instrument like this.

Personal collection would be the only safe option for a successful bidder. Cash on collection, or No Deal.

Ron.

Kevin,

Your analysis is quite correct, this scope needs a heavy duty mount. It was designed with the Intes Alter D6 (a poor mans AP900!) in mind. I run my 10" Intes Mak Cass on a D6 and it works well. I have e-mailed the seller for more information. It will be interesting to see the response.

Adrian

Archived