Hello from Somerset

2manytrees

Reacquainting ourselves with astrophotography after many years away from it....and even then we were beginners, with a webcam on a 8" newtonian Orion Europa 200 (which we still have, although the mount is now clappered). Getting on a bit in years, both of us, but still attracted to those photos and the steep learning curves.

William Optics Zenithstar 73;  430mm; plus flattener; on Skywatcher HEQ5 mount.  Cameras: ZWO ASI183 colour, plus ASI 120 mini.  A somewhat aged HP laptop with 4GB RAM juggling ASI Studio and SharpCap, and more recently the ASCOM platform. Gathering some dust, Meade LX90 8"; and all but retired, Orion Europa 200 8".

Picture attached; taken a couple of weeks ago with the W.O;  60 frames at 20 seconds each;  ASI deepsky stacker; not much processing bar a bit of fiddling around in Gimp.

Light_Stack_1_stretched2500.jpg

• Like 11

Hello and welcome to SGL.

Astronomy is once bitten is in the blood, you may have times when it’s not a ted upon, but boy when it returns, then it does with bells on.

Enjoy the journey and I look forward to seeing your images.

All you need now are a few eyepieces to make it complete (see my signature)

• Like 1

Hello TwoManyTrees and welcome. I was another whose interest in astronomy was rekindled recently having dabbled earlier. Those "dabblings" included navigating the world's oceans 50 yerars ago using a sextant to fix dawn and dusk positions when in the Merchant Navy. A more recent period of interest was curtailed by medical issues and now I've got back into it - and the significant amount of my savings that seem inevitably to head in the direction of this site's sponsor 😂. The advances in imaging and processing over the last few years are mind-blowing (well, at least to me).

Clear skies and keep posting,

Tony

• Like 1