Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Met office spot on again

Roy

How is it that NASA can put a man on the moon with less computing power than your average digital watch has but the met office with it's multi millions of pounds worth of satellites can't even get the weather forecast right or even close for that matter.

I've been sat in my obsy staring at clouds for nearly three hours in the hope that the skies might clear but it's not looking good :)

I was on 2-10 today, it was clear up until 8ish and then the clouds came in. I feared the worst but then they all cleared again around half 10.

Not great seeing but I got a fairly decent couple of hours out of it.:)

I gave up at 12.30 and packed up, looked out of the bedroom window at 2.30, still cloudy

Oh well, there's always tonight which I know will be clear because the met office say so :)

And "milky" and breezy in Swansea as well ... although not according to the "mess" office it isnt...then its downhill all the way till the weekend...

Hopefully get to play with the filterwheel and the DMK though ... do some still lifes...

Peter...

I dont look at the weather forecasts anymore.

Just the satellite images to make my own mind up about what the weather may be!

They are never correct, and dont seem to update them through the day, stupid!

Last night in my locality was simply awesome, after a fortnight of cloud cover (penance paid for new telescope :D). I had my best views of M13, M44 and M66 last night. I only had an hour because I had work early the next morning. Saturn was proving tricky last night, lots of high cloud in that area and the seeing for that planet wasn't good for some odd reason, despite seeing being great for other objects.

Archived