Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff DK. Both the ISS and Flares make great party tricks, keep an eye on HA for predictions and at the right moment, point them out :cool:... You might want to have a compass handy for the flare though.

I got the tracking running, but for some reason, I was a few degrees behind and couldn't catch up so didn't get an image on the sensor... Maybe next time.

DK, I'll post up a new thread about it, when I get it working, some setup stuff I need to iron out... But there's a yahoo group that provides a satellite tracking software. This is designed to talk to an LX200... but .... with the right additional components you can make it talk via eqmod to ASCOM.

Have a look at this

The mount tracked the ISS last night, but was a little behind the entire way... I suspect my goto alignment wasn't accurate enough...

I am going to try calsky after themos post.

phillc

Hmm.. I think they are about as good as each other:
21 May -2.0 22:23:05 10 W 22:25:56 48 SSW 22:27:55 17 SE
Descending Orbit. Earth revolutions since launch: 60180.3

Appears 22h21m02s 1.3mag az:283.0° WNW horizon

Culmination 22h25m55s -4.1mag az:201.8° SSW h:48.3°

distance: 465.4km height above Earth: 354.5km elevation of sun: -10°

Disappears 22h28m00s -2.7mag az:130.6° SE h:16.3°

The charts (at least for me) seem equivalent (although the calsky one is larger...)

Well, my Southern sky was clear. Used Regulus to focus the webcam and 3x! barlow. A real pain keeping it centered at such magnification with a 10" Dob. A wonderful clear patch to the West but ISS quickly climbed in to a long finger of cloud stretching all the way to the East grrr. Im kind of glad as when I pressed the capture button, I got an error message with the philips software.. its never done that before so will need to look at that tonight. Still, forecast is good for the weekend :-)

Matt

Archived