Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Animation - 4 hours of a prominence

Taken under variable seeing, from Lancashire. This was from 11am till 3pm, 1 stack captured per minute

APM107 / Daystar Quark

Stacked with AS!4.11, sharpened with PixInsight. Aligned in imPPG and final assembly in Photoshop

• Like 27

55 minutes ago, Kon said:

Excellent animation and the prominence looks really nice and delicate.

Thank you! I was quite surprised it came out reasonable as the seeing was far from steady

53 minutes ago, callisto said:

Mesmerising 😵‍💫 

Thanks for sharing 👍

Thanks! Happy you liked it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very good Alex - despite what you say about your seeing, the detail throughout has held up really strongly - the spicules  especially….  and that’s from a capture over midday - not nice and early or late on when seeing (for me anyway) is usually better…
Personally I slowed your movie down to half speed on the iPhone and found it even better to view!

How long was each capture and % used in general)?

I don’t think a lot of folks (who don’t do solar) appreciate the effort that does into a solar animation of this quality.

As for my own solar imaging…. ‘We’ cleaned the garage out yesterday as I’d already agreed to… 7 hrs including trips to the local tip - great timing hey!

Damian

Edited by TakMan

20 minutes ago, TakMan said:

Very good Alex - despite what you say about your seeing, the detail throughout has held up really strongly - the spicules  especially….  and that’s from a capture over midday - not nice and early or late on when seeing (for me anyway) is usually better…
Personally I slowed your movie down to half speed on the iPhone and found it even better to view!

How long was each capture and % used in general)?

I don’t think a lot of folks (who don’t do solar) appreciate the effort that does into a solar animation of this quality.

As for my own solar imaging…. ‘We’ cleaned the garage out yesterday as I’d already agreed to… 7 hrs including trips to the local tip - great timing hey!

Damian

Thanks!

The captures were 15 seconds limited then wait 45 second using SharpCap. It got around 2300 (5ms and 158 fps) in that time. 10% stacked as a batch in AS!4. I think the default output from Photoshop has it at 30fps, but I might try a slower version at your suggestion

A tidy garage gives you more room for telescopes! 🙂

• Haha 1

I won’t tell the wife that bit - she already thinks I have too many as it is - she’d forgotten the 10” dob at the bottom of the garage under an old duvet cover - “well if you don’t use it, why is it still here..?”

In case I want to in the future dear, like these bits of wood and, etc, etc!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

That’s much better (in my opinion), gives me more time to enjoy what’s going on!

👍

Edited by TakMan
  • Thanks 1