Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New product by ZWO??

7 minutes ago, Vroobel said:

Haha, should I understand that I guessed properly (2600MC, not 6200MC) ? :D

Well guessed.  So the “waist” are the vents. 

• Like 1

One copy for me, as the winner, please. :D

It looks like there are 4 USB ports. The Raspberry Pi rather cannot fit there, also it has USB ports in a fixed place. I would say that there is an ASIair mini and a power hub. 

15 hours ago, Vroobel said:

One copy for me, as the winner, please. :D

It looks like there are 4 USB ports. The Raspberry Pi rather cannot fit there, also it has USB ports in a fixed place. I would say that there is an ASIair mini and a power hub. 

ZWO have parted with using Raspberry Pi boards and have their own using Rockchip processors so can be more flexible on their internals.  Likely to be similar to what's in the ZWO Seestar but with more external ports.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vroobel said:

Cuiv The Lazy Geek just confirmed: there is the ASIAir mini. 

He assumes it is.  Unless the power ports, usb ports & wifi are on the end of extended cables it's likely a re-configured base board. Though could be the basics of the ASIAir Mini or the SeeStar.

Well, I'm not going to buy it as I already have ASIAir Plus v1, 2600MC and 2600MM. I take it as a curio for beginners. Rich beginners... 😉

• Like 1

Just a thought. If it does have full air functionality and ZWO mess up the firmware updates (not uncommon), does the camera become an expensive paperweight? They'd better up their software support game and upload older firmwares for users.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another point that Cuiv made was that the camera does not seem to have an output usb, which - if true - will not allow the owners of this camera to use it with other acquisition software; making it a rather very expensive item.

1 hour ago, AstroGS said:

will not allow the owners of this camera to use it with other acquisition software

It can be externally controlled via ASCOM / Alpaca over WiFi.

Edited by Dark Raven
  • Like 1