Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arzachel and friends

Lovely image. Reminds me of the fabulous views I get through my SL 12". I have to rely on memory given how much cloud we have these days :biggrin:

Superb image !

Catena Davy (crater chain) caught beautifully as well - challenging one to observe as well as that 🙂

Excellent processing Neil. I see you haven't lost your touch been away for a while. Nice resolution on the craterlets.

Posted (edited)

Another basically adjusting a previous process Which at full size. Has revealed some very fine Hi resolution detail on the floor of Clavius and elsewhere. Some of which i am not sure ive even captured before. Craterlets down to the size of a pin head. At the limit of the scopes performance under UK skies.  Yes I pushed the levels. As Clavius was deep in shadow. But its not too offensive

Click for full size

clavius tweaked.png

Edited by neiil phillips
  • Like 7

On 07/04/2024 at 05:02, neiil phillips said:

Another basically adjusting a previous process Which at full size. Has revealed some very fine Hi resolution detail on the floor of Clavius and elsewhere. Some of which i am not sure ive even captured before. Craterlets down to the size of a pin head. At the limit of the scopes performance under UK skies.  Yes I pushed the levels. As Clavius was deep in shadow. But its not too offensive

Click for full size

clavius tweaked.png

Spectacular image and no noise at all. You should be very happy with these. Apart from the craterlets, it's the fine details of rilles in many of the larger craters including Clavius, I am not sure I have seen them in photos before. By the way are these with IR pass? 

20 hours ago, Kon said:

Spectacular image and no noise at all. You should be very happy with these. Apart from the craterlets, it's the fine details of rilles in many of the larger craters including Clavius, I am not sure I have seen them in photos before. By the way are these with IR pass? 

Thank you Kostas. Yes it was IR 685. Dont think i will be able to resist trying again under calm air. Perhaps the summer. Yes im pleased with the way the scope is performing 

• Like 1