Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seestar app not working

Hi everyone this is strange my seestar has been working really nicely till tonight , the app comes up with internet abnormal fail to load weather , the internet is working 100% so tried with my phone and I get same message so it's not my tablet I have uninstalled on both phone and tablet then put app back on still the same it say the same thing ?

Also now if I tell it to go to a target it finds it but the screen does not change to the the imaging screen as it used to do ?

Update I think there was a problem with my internet at home , the apps worked as normal this morning, so I will remember that abnormal internet mean you can stream movies but can't use seestar app 

Something I've noticed is that if you connect to the seestar before the weather has updated in the app, you are now in the seestar network so your device won't update over your home network. No idea if it can update over 4g rather than your home wifi as we have zippo mobile signal where we are.

I have mine set up in station mode, so while the phone/tablet are connected on WiFi to the same home WiFi SSID the app can still access the internet. This way it'll just auto-connect to the S50 once its powered up too, no need to hit the <connect> button as it just vanishes when things connect up.

One PITA with this setup tho is that firmware updates fail, needing the S50 to be reset and then the app directly connected. Then of course I have to reconfigure station mode etc.

Edited by DaveL59