Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 Reprocess

DaveS

Yup, yet another reprocess, blame the rubbish weather.

M106 with data captured in 2022, before I cured the reflections from OOUK's rubbish anodising that was giving un-calibratable reflections, so trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Making a complete pig's ear from a silk purse is easy for me lol.

Originally I captured a load of LRGB data in bin 1 but in the end combined all the LRGB data into a synthetic luminance and captured fresh RGB data in bin 2 I needed to be brutal in the processing to kill the irregularities in the background, GraXpert helped, and BlurX in PI brought out the detail.

Dunno, I've been kicking this around so much I've lost track of what I've been doing but there's an Unsharp Mask in there somewhere and several rounds of single colour attenuation to clean up the background.

LRGBGraXpertandPIUMDMSB.thumb.jpg.d52c984a489c6e1605d49efaded4bcab.jpg

It doesn't take much effort to find horrors in the background, but I'm done with this rubbish data. In the unlikely event that I get enough clear nights I may revisit this target with completely new data, but until then...

• Like 15

It’s a shame you had 

2 hours ago, DaveS said:

un-calibratable reflections

There is some lovely data in there and loads of distant galaxies! 

hopefully we’ll get a good spell of weather soon! Please!? 🙏

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 😊

• Like 1

You have done a great job, but I share your frustration on the lack of new imaging opportunities. You can only revisit old data so many times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Lovely image of one of my favourite galaxies

1 hour ago, assouptro said:

It’s a shame you had 

There is some lovely data in there and loads of distant galaxies! 

hopefully we’ll get a good spell of weather soon! Please!? 🙏

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 😊

48 minutes ago, tomato said:

You have done a great job, but I share your frustration on the lack of new imaging opportunities. You can only revisit old data so many times.

Thanks guys for the votes of confidence.

It's well worth having a look in the background, there are a lot of faint fuzzies lurking there.

• Like 1