Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

moocher

Witches Broom (NGC 6960) with the Borg!!!

Hello,

An all nighter last night, 5am finish!!! Quite unexpected i must admit but very welcome!!! Started of by getting my RGB for the Iris shot (still working on that!!!!).

Seemed a shame to waste a night with the Moon about so i waited until Cygnus had risen out of the murk and went for a bash at The Witches Broom in Ha. Going to add O3 and S2 as i`m able!!!!

18 X 10 mins with the Borg (surprise surprise!!! laugh.gif) and ART 285. Guided via Guidemaster with the 66SD and QHY5. Capured via Maxim. Darks/ Flat subtracted. Post processing with PS CS3.

Ta for looking

Alan cheesy.gif

post-16297-133877370683_thumb.jpg

Edited by moocher

Nice one Alan

I really like Cygnus, there's so much there to image, can't wait for the next clear night to have a go at IC5070

I just love mono shots and this is a super one.

Great shot Al, you did well to get so much detail, there was a load of thin high cloud which ruined my subs on this last night

Lovely one Al , and some really good outer nebulosity there as well ,worth the late night.

Rog :icon_rolleyes:

Thats a great start Alan! Will be looking out for when you add in the SII and OIII.

Astro twilight is currently ending about 02.50am. At what time can you still get decent subs up to?

Very nice and deep.

Lots of witches broom images tend to lose all the other faint Ha data, but it's all there in this.

No halos from the filter either, what sort are you using?

Cheers

Rob

An Astronomics 13nm Ha Rob, i found the 6nm i had previously meant the exposures were just too long....

Alan:)

Is that one of the new filters Alan?

I heard that the new ones have been improved and don't give halos.

Cheers

Rob

Great stuff. I too like the way you've captured some of the fainter, outer nebulosity.

Martin

That little set-up seems to be working a treat for you Alan :icon_rolleyes: Lovely! Hope to be seeing more.

Karlo