Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comfort buying astro gear?

Greymouser

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Yes, that was the issue with my dual Esprit 150 rig, flexture between the guided and unguided scopes. It was brought under control by a large alloy bracing plate bolted across the top of the tube rings, a pain to set up when aligning the scopes but saves a lot of frustration thereafter. Hopefully your set up will not need one.

Yes Steve, I have read about your struggle and solution. Will be exciting to see if I can get away without that top connection. Pity that there are no really sturdy dual scope solutions available on the market.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 14:04, gorann said:

The result of that is not only 13 scopes (not counting Samyang and Canon lenses) and 7 mounts. It is also that I have spent four of those summers building obsies, so I now have four of them.

Sounds like the makings of small business offering observing holidays that does!!  In some places that might be deemed a little OTT LOL!   However, they do all look fabulous all sitting there.

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1