Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Winter in the fjord

This is the winter constellations over Bjørnafjorden in western Norway. Used the PlanItPro app for the first time to plan out this composition. Seems like a really neat app. I nearly packed it in a few times at -10deg C but glad I persisted. It was a tough one to process and when I was finally happy I noticed quite a big difference from in the saturation of the reds on my computer screen and phone. I’ll post the other version below. Be interested to hear if the difference is apparent on your device also and which one looks best. Thanks!

This was shot with a modified EOS R and a Sigma 28mm. Sky was tracked with a Benro Polaris and blended with the foreground shot. 

IMG_3714.thumb.jpeg.173936803d2de2adff24133d770fc162.jpeg

Edited by Icesheet
  • Like 17

31 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Lovely images. The first looks a bit more natural on my laptop. Both are great, however

Thanks. Yeah the more muted reds were my preference here. Need to work out why the difference from laptop to phone though. Seems like it may be the laptop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy D said:

I prefer the snow in the second image, but the sky looks ever so slightly over-cooked, but not to the point of ruining the image. Both are excellent. Well done!

Interesting, I never paid much attention to the snow but now that I look I do notice something on both images. At first I thought it was hot pixels, then I thought it was light reflecting off the snow, but could it actually be stars reflecting on the snow?? It looks like star trailing but I can't imagine stars would reflect on snow. Am I going crazy haha.

Edited by Icesheet

1 hour ago, FenlandPaul said:

Beautiful image - you've really brought out the tranquility of the scene.

14 minutes ago, Swoop1 said:

That image is a christmas card in the making! 

My eyes can't really tell the difference between ther two- or my work monitor needs a clean....