Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ok, due to clouds I've not imaged for a few months and wondering if I've forgotten a crucial stage in PI processing. Also just installed the graxpert script. Anyway, got 8 houts on the Cali Nebula the other night and after let WBPP do an autocrop. SPCC seemed to give an awful green background which I don't remember ver seeing before but if I run graxpert after it goes away. Should I be running GX before SPCC? using a OSC and the cheaper ASKAR duo filter. SPCC usually clears up any green cast, at least I'm sure it did. 

cali.thumb.jpg.d905d63b1f549c1e1621b29d93d14e71.jpg

26 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

I always do gradient removal first, then BlurX correct only, plate solve, SPCC, blurx, starx, noisex, GHS etc from there.

With the green cast on a OSC image, how do you see the gradient properly without some colour correction first? Just a touch of sncr? Been avoiding that since SPCC got so good at correction. 

4 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

With the green cast on a OSC image, how do you see the gradient properly without some colour correction first? Just a touch of sncr? Been avoiding that since SPCC got so good at correction. 

The green gradient is normal, just do an unlinked stretch and it won’t show, the STF stretch is just for your benefit, the image is still linear..and GraXpert will work on the Linear data..

4 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

The green gradient is normal, just do an unlinked stretch and it won’t show, the STF stretch is just for your benefit, the image is still linear..and GraXpert will work on the Linear data..

kicking myself now. getting old, couple of months not processing and forgot to unlink it. It's these new fangled AI tools upsetting my well established workflow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2024 at 08:31, Stuart1971 said:

Agreed, spcc adjusts your color balance and doesn't re run a STF.  If you are running Graxpert from Scripts Toolbox then it will auto do a STF at the end too.

@City9Town0 I use both.  Complex nebula almost always use DBE, I find Graxpert tries correcting nebula gradients.  Small galaxies and planetary nebula I use GraXpert.