Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Despite our best efforts...

We are aware that we have been missing some enqueries, particularly this month after our Easter break and SGL-4.

We continue to invest serious money into our helpdesk package (as far as I know we are the only dealer with a purpose-made helpdesk) but it still relies on someone being there long enough to catch each and every communication. Despite our best efforts we do occasionally fail.

FLO is not one of those companies that advertises in the astro mags to ensure a steady stream of customers. In fact, we don't advertise in any traditional printed media and SGL is the only forum we directly sponsor. Our entire business is based on word of mouth and search engine traffic. Needless to say it bothers us immensely when we get it wrong so to those we have missed, we offer our sincere apologies :icon_rolleyes:

Steve, can I suggest that simple stock queries and the like (one word yes/no answer really) don't route into the "here's a ticket" automated response thing?

I emailed questions@flo a week or so back to ask if something was in stock, and got the "here's your ticket number" thing back, it took me two goes to create an account on the system and then I had to go back checking to see if I got a response (I did after a while from James, but had to find out for myself that it was there). If I not already been a happy customer of FLO I would have given up at that point and gone elsewhere.

I can see the sense for technical problems, guidance for newcomers etc. where you're likely to have a dialogue, but for a stock query it was a pain in the backside. Easier now I have it setup and know what to expect, I guess.

Andy, James is checking as I type.

Thanks for the feedback Ben & Arran. We decided to take the helpdesk route because we needed a way where any one of us could log in and see all the emails. When one of us logs in we scamper through them, then assign enquiries to whoever is best suited and/or available. It also means that if one of us is absent another can check through enquiries and continue if necessary. It has a number of other useful bells and whistles that help us to keep on top of queries, like a powerful search function and colour-coding that shows us the age of an enquiry. It even has a forum facility though we have deactivated it as we don't want to create anything that draws discussion away from SGL (dealer forums lack credibility anyhow!).

I'll see if we cannot find a way of retaining its strengths but without the need for a ticket system. Although once the helpdesk knows you it will automatically generate a ticket so future enquiries should be quick and painless.

Andy, we have found your PM sent yesterday, I'll get on it :icon_rolleyes:

Steve, I would like to thank you for your lightning response to my query, that phone call from you gave me quite a shock. ;)

I have nothing but admiration for the way you conduct yourself, and your business. Same goes for your staff too.:icon_rolleyes:

Thanks very much mate.

Ron.

... I had to go back checking to see if I got a response (I did after a while from James, but had to find out for myself that it was there). If I not already been a happy customer of FLO I would have given up at that point and gone elsewhere.

It shouldn't be doing that Ben. Once you have registered, the helpdesk should remember you. Then, when you email us again another ticket is created automatically and emailed (together with a link) to you. Then when one of us responds you should receive an email (with a link) containing the response. Other than when you first register you should not have to return to the helpdesk, ever.

It can all be done via email.

At least that is how it is supposed to work...

HTH

Steve,

Occassionly you get things wrong (miss messages etc) but for me the most refreshing thing is that you are always 100% (110% for The apprentice viewers) honest about it. This means I know where I stand and it engenders trust. As a result you will always be my first port of call. Improve the helpdesk but don't ever change your honesty policy!

Andrew

Steve, i'm on bog-standard gmail but there was no sign of a response, or of one getting accidentally bagged by the spam filter. Good if it can just work via email though.

Occassionly you get things wrong (miss messages etc) but for me the most refreshing thing is that you are always 100% (110% for The apprentice viewers) honest about it. This means I know where I stand and it engenders trust. As a result you will always be my first port of call. Improve the helpdesk but don't ever change your honesty policy!

+1 from me!

Archived