Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL4 - IC5146 - Cocoon Nebula

RichieJarvis

I had a bit of a nap whilst these subs were coming in - when the alarm went off at 4am, the clouds had come in and I was too tired to have a look at the capture. Just got around to it, and am happy to report only 1 sub was lost due to cloud :icon_rolleyes: Mind you - I was surprised to see so little OIII in the cocoon!

Anyway, enough yakking - here is the info - 6 x 10 minute Ha and 7 x 10 minute OIII subs. Taken with the SXV-H9 and AP102ED at approx F/5.6. Full info available here

2009-04-26-IC5146-Ha-6x600-OIII-7x600-Process1-Small.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Richie

It's a real pearler Richie.

These Lucksall Images are really cementing the notion that we need to return to this site. Imagine what might have come from 3 nights of great skies instead of just one.

Ron.:icon_rolleyes:

Aye Kevin - no sense staying up whilst imaging! I must admit, I didn't even pop outside the tent to slew and frame this one - EQMOD put it bang in the centre of the chip, so I was very chuffed :icon_rolleyes:

Ron - absolutely - the view of the southern horizon alone might make this a good site for a Messier Marathon methinks.

Richie

Archived