Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Christmas Tree cluster

Craig123

If that’s the first one I can’t wait to see the second.  😀  Joking aside it’s a truly fantastic image, @Craig123.  Almost unreal and I mean that as a compliment.  Like it’s been painted.  It’s images like this that make me ask myself why the hell I am still bothering with astrophotography. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

If that’s the first one I can’t wait to see the second.  😀  Joking aside it’s a truly fantastic image, @Craig123.  Almost unreal and I mean that as a compliment.  Like it’s been painted.  It’s images like this that make me ask myself why the hell I am still bothering with astrophotography. 

Thanks . Much appreciated. I often feel the same but then will make some progress forward that keeps me going .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Superb image. I've only had one clear night in 6 months so images like yours with 20 hours integration are totally out of my reach, so I will just have to be content with looking at yours !

Thanks but I know what you mean .Its quite dire so far this winter .  I have alot of unfinished images and data from previously . Eventually something gets finished . This is last years data just put together now !

• Like 1

This is an excellent rendition full of varying colour. 

Data acquisition is a long drawn out process, I've learned to just accumulate the hours and not think of the temporal aspect, the image will be done once you've acquired the data you wanted, which in essence is never truly complete as you can keep adding to it year after year. I've got a few projects uncompleted, my latest in this section took 12 months because I couldn't image it during the warmer months due to its altitude, the unpredictable weather also didn't help.

Edited by Elp