Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

With and without binoviewer

18 minutes ago, RobertI said:

but at considerable cost I would imagine.

The Askar 140 is a 140mm f/7 ED triplet and is £2,098 from flo.  Not sure how much this adjustable section added to arrive at this price - but it seems pretty good value overall.  Subject to it actually working well, and the optics being good, etc etc.....

Edited by globular
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, globular said:

The Askar 140 is a 140mm f/7 ED triplet and is £2,098 from flo.  Not sure how much this adjustable section added to arrive at this price - but it seems pretty good value overall.  Subject to it actually working well, and the optics being good, etc etc.....

That actually seems really good value, assuming it all works!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GordonD said:

Just noticed FLO are listing a 185mm version! Priced at £5049 - hmm that sounds cheaper than you might expect. I am not sure that sounds right for a scope that size ...

That seems very cheap for a 185mm Refractor, most 180mm Refractors such as TEC, CFF, and Stellarvue cost over £15k, even the Explore Scientific 165mm (not regarded as a premium refractor) costs £8k. 

Just looked on FLO's website, and they seem remarkable for the price, about the same as the Esprit 150, and about the same weight. 

John

Edited by johnturley
  • Like 1

My TMB/LZOS 130mm F/9.2 triplet has a similar feature but it is a 2 inch format extension. It's very solid even when extended to it's full length.

A number of the APM/TMB/LZOS refractors use such extensions.

Edited by John
  • Like 3