NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 6th Nov

neiil phillips

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

First proper session for me for a while as well, looks good Neil. I think packed up around 30 minutes before the transit started, good see the GRS again though. Some very nice detail visible there Neiil.

Hi Pete. Good to hear you had got some time in too. Cheers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Great to see you back Neil! Very nice capture straight off the bat! Io poles showing clearly. 

Hi Stuart. Was actually quite good getting out again. Everything seemed to go quite smoothly. There's usually something slowing me down. From polar aligning. To collimating the primary (stock springs on this) very hit and miss. Ive had a merry go round on occasion. But no everything just fell into place. which surprised me.. Cheers for the comments Bud.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks excellent Neil 👏

Thanks again Geoff. Was nice to be back in the saddle so to speak. Having to set up such a monster Newtonian from scratch. Is never easy. Everything just flowed. No hassles. Its like I had never been away. usually something becomes difficult. Or goes wrong. But no. Everything went well. I was surprised how well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neiil phillips said:

Thanks again Geoff. Was nice to be back in the saddle so to speak. Having to set up such a monster Newtonian from scratch. Is never easy. Everything just flowed. No hassles. Its like I had never been away. usually something becomes difficult. Or goes wrong. But no. Everything went well. I was surprised how well

That's great to hear Neil, but I'm not surprised, as you're such an accomplished imager with bags of experience, so as you say, just like getting back in the saddle as if nothing changed...:thumbright:

• Like 1