NGC 7023 Iris Nebula - SGL4 25/04/09 FLT98 first light

Whippy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That new scope of yours looked lovely Tony. Glad you are chuffed wiith it. And the image turned out very well too. The first of many great images, no doubt!

Sarah

Tony,

Clearly that new scope isn't up to it - send it back and let James have it! Stunning image mate, you had a quiet air of confidence about you that Saturday evening (after the initial bing....bing....bing....initial guiding probs) which you've continued on through the processing, you've every right to be pleased with your efforts - perhaps you should kep the scope afterall. Loved the mono image, but was taken aback when the colour image appeared, superb.

Steve..

Thanks all :icon_rolleyes:, I'm pretty chuffed with this and yes Sarah, the scope does have the substance to back the looks up! (It was lovely to meet you and Luke btw ;) )it looks like that I won't be able to grab the Green data this side of mid-summer (I like some sleep!) so I guess this is it for now but I'll will get it as I'm interested in what difference some 'real' Green would make over the 'fake' Green made by Noel's Actions.

Tony..

I missed this thread (like so many others) completely. That is stunning Tony.

The colour version really highlights the different makeups of different part of it.

From the very eerie blue centre, to the dark ominous looking gray/black outer regions, very nice.

Ant

Well that shows the potential of your lum image. You controlled the central star perfectly (tricky) and your framing made the most of the dusky nebula. You MUST get real colour for it because the object is a glory not only of vivid blues but of rich purples and browns. Tremendous first light. Are you going to review the scope for us?

Olly

I will be grabbing the Green at some point Olly if only to compare the 'false' Green to some real data, but it'll be most likely in July/August after the midsummer 'dead zone' has gone. A review? Well so far it's working great! Maybe when I get a couple more images under my belt and a couple of observing sessions I'll jot down some notes but in the meantime have to say that it's a definate step up from my old ZS110 both in terms of optical quality and build (not in terms of quality but actual sturdiness).

Tony..

Archived