Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 15th October 2023 (corrected date)

Eris

Hi all,

Weather not been great in my neck of the woods but finally managed to get some fairly good data on the 15th October. Initially the evening started pretty average but around 0330BST (0230 UT) there was a definite change in image stability, even the RGB capture was reasonable in the blue channel which is generally (for me at least) very poor.  Happy with the results and hope the weather improves soon.  Posting this on the 1st November I have yet to have a clear enough night without the potential for rain during the telescope cool down period and with opposition on the 3rd I'm itching to get back out and fill up my HDD with data.

All the best,

Rob

J2023-10-15-01_15_IR_rbu.jpg

J2023-10-15-02_28_IR_rbu.jpg

J2023-10-15-02_44_RGB_rbu.jpg

J2023-10-15-02_59_IR_rbu.jpg

Edited by Eris
Correction of month
  • Like 8

Excellent set of images Rob, especially the IR captures. Are you derotating the IR or are they single captures? I like the banner with the details; do you generate it manually every time or is there a simpler way?

(I see you captured Jupiter in the future; 15 November on your title 😉)

Edited by Kon
  • Thanks 1

• Eris changed the title to Jupiter 15th October 2023 (corrected date)
On 01/11/2023 at 22:08, Kon said:

Excellent set of images Rob, especially the IR captures. Are you derotating the IR or are they single captures? I like the banner with the details; do you generate it manually every time or is there a simpler way?

(I see you captured Jupiter in the future; 15 November on your title 😉)

Hi Kon,

Many thanks for noticing the wrong month in the title. 

The images are derotated in Win JUPOS  by varying degrees. I do tend to take a run of 3-4  consecutive 2000 frame videos in IR and rotate them. I usually soot in the following way.

IR x3-4 2000 frames each run

R x1-2 (depends on the frame rate on the night) 2000 - 3000 frames each run

G x1 2000 frames

B x1 2000 frames

IR x3-4...... and so on, generally until my SSD in the laptop is full!

All derotation times are on the image panel on the right.

The banner is a template I created in Photoshop and manually update details as necessary. All longitude and planetary details are sourced from Win JUPOS ephemeris.

All the best,

Rob

Edited by Eris
Spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...