NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I took the jump hope i wont be disappointed...

With my Redcat 51,EAF, Asiair plus, 120 mm guide scope, AM5 mount, I just purchased a Asi2600mc Pro instead of the Asi533mc pro.  I also got a Optolong L-Ultimate 2” Dual Bandpass Light Pollution Reduction Imaging Filter. I'm going to place the filter in the imaging train of the Redcat.  And get a 2" filter wheel later once i build up my funds again :-0 . I dumped the expense into the 2600. I Hope everything works out....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Clearly you're going to have to find the right power supply if using it in the field but, running on mains and a regular 12V transformer, ours is fine. It's a great camera and you did the right thing going for a bigger chip. In fact the Redcat covers full frame very sweetly.

Olly

The first thought that comes to me is that you would need to run several other items as well. Given that you probably won't want to have separate power supplies for mount, dewheater etc you would run everything through something like a Pegasusastro powerbox or similar. This manages power demands. Having several items drawing power would mean sharing it out. I've been using powerboxes for years. As a side issue, it tidies up the cables. They also manage power needs of the various devices, eg pausing the dewheaters if the mount is slewing or the camera cooling down which both need to draw more power for a while.

As a general rule I wouldn't use Uk mains power supplies outside. I run an outside extension lead which has a circuit breaker and either a bench power supply or proper 12 volt adapter such as one used to power a 12 volt camping fridge enabling it to use 240/220 volt mains power.

Edited by Anne S

10 hours ago, DSOBug said:

power

You'd have to try it. There's a 11-14V voltage advisement on ZWOs product pages for (all?) cooled cameras, my 533 and 183 however have always worked on the small portable 12v  batteries I've got being fed from the 12V outs via the airs (Celestron Lithium LT and Talentcell 72W). The mounts are usually the ones to complain first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2023 at 16:10, DSOBug said:

I came across this you tube video relating to the 2600, ,  any comments on this..???  And if anyone has a Asi2600MC Pro what do you use for power???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQmAUtjChY

I don’t have the 2600, I have the 533, I run the power off the ASIAir + use one of the 12v DC power ports on the ASIAir. I do power the ASIAir directly from a 12V 5A power adapter. 

Edited by AngryBear