Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daytime occultation of Venus by the Moon

Gfamily

@Richard N and I in Wales caught the moon approaching Venus in a beautiful blue sky using Richard's 80mm achro, so I got the Starfield set up, found them in the finder...and then the clouds came over with a vengeance. This sort of thing always happens to me...😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

@Richard N and I in Wales caught the moon approaching Venus in a beautiful blue sky using Richard's 80mm achro, so I got the Starfield set up, found them in the finder...and then the clouds came over with a vengeance. This sort of thing always happens to me...😉

Croeso i gymru cymylog (as they say) 

• Haha 1

Views from Reading, Berks. The wide angle is from 0650 this morning when I happened to spot the nice conjunction. There was a gap in the clouds at 0930 and I was amazed to see it happen 🙂 I haven't optimised the images yet I think sunlight added a gradient to the close up image.

IMG_5919best.JPG

E8C0DE12C7C2486B8F3EF5DF72EC11D2.jpg

Edited by GraemeC
Typo
  • Like 10