Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CLEAR AS A BELL

No... :lol:

Had the Baader filter on my ED80 earlier though Tom... Grabbed half hour..

Thick cloud in Devon at the moment......Will wait and see. Supposed to improve later in the week

100 % cloud here in "Sunny" Glasgow. Spent a happy hour this afternoon parfocalising my barlow (on the end of a flip mirror) with a 12.5mm Plossl. So here's hoping for a clear night sometime in the next decade.

Hope the weather stays good for you.

Tom

It has been clear most of the day, apart from a few very heavy hail storms, but the wind was very strong, near gale force at times, it's now down to a dull roar and the sky is still clear, if I get my scope out, it will definitely cloud over, so i am pretending not to.

naz :lol:

Thats the spirit Naz

Convince yourself that putting the scope out to cool is just a precaution, you really have something else to do that is far more important so you probably won't get then out. That should confuse the clous enough to make them away and then at the last minute wander out for a look.... :lol:

Oh dear, who let the cat out of the bag? come on own up,

All day one good shower this afternoon, three in the morning, since my posting, 3 stormy periods with winds back up to near gale force again.

naz :lol::) :) :D:)

Lovely night here in Az. Re-aligned the Pieramyd for our star party/potluck next weekend. Grabbed some views of planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. DSO's M67, M42/43, M35, M1 and checked alignment on the pier in the dome. Rock solid seeing, transparency held up to 318X on NGC 2440 in Puppis.

Wish you were here.

Lovely night here in Az. Re-aligned the Pieramyd for our star party/potluck next weekend. Grabbed some views of planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. DSO's M67, M42/43, M35, M1 and checked alignment on the pier in the dome. Rock solid seeing, transparency held up to 318X on NGC 2440 in Puppis.

Wish you were here.

Wish we were there too :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived