Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO supplied USB3 cables

tomato

My 585mc also came with the “sexy” (really?! 🤣 ) cable, but I assumed it was just because it’s usb3. My asi120mm came with the flat cable which is usb 2. Those are the only two cameras I have.

Ive been told several times to ditch the Zwo cable that came with the 585, but I wonder if they are thinking it’s the flat type? 

The ASI 178 came with flat USB 3 cables originally, there was a bit of correspondence on here about their quality, although I have never experienced any problems with them.

I have never purchased a ZWO high end camera, preferring to go with the cheaper alternatives from China, so I don’t know if they were ever shipped with flat cables.

I nearly put the s word in the title, just to see if it boosted the view numbers…☺️

• Haha 1

My Duo has red leads. An older usb 3.0 lead in the Obsy will not connect to the Duo, all other cameras are okay ? Not sure if it’s to do with the extra traffic from the inbuilt guide cam.

Edited by fwm891
Text added

15 hours ago, bosun21 said:

I bought a new 585MC camera and it came with all flat cables the USB3 included. That was about a year ago though.

I purchased my 585mc in August this year, and it’s with the sexy red cable! In fact, it’s the one that got tied in my setup picture, so perhaps they have changed it.