Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Belated hello

Jeff5567

Hi,

I'm Jeff. Started this hobby properly about 2 years ago & as I work a rotation of 4 weeks on/4 weeks off, the practice is sometimes slow 😀. Split my time between Middle East (work), Southern Kenya (my home) near Tsavo Park & UK (my other home). I only have my scopes in Kenya, so there are gaps in posts

SGL has been a great place to gain inspiration, & some of the images I've seen here are absolutely amazing! The crowd here are friendly & willingly share advice from years of experience. Thank you

Hoping to progress however, as l'm 3° south of the equator I have to settle with my humble Skywatcher AZ GTI (which is pretty cool for the price) until I suss out how to polar align when I can't see the north or South Pole stars 😅

Thanks, & take care

• Like 2

Hi @Jeff5567 and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Some of my friends and people I know are envious of my shift pattern, as it is 6 days on/4days off.

I like to consider that SGL is the best social network/forum in the solar system.

I try to get out with my 'scopes when I can. It gives me chance to think of how small this Pale Blue Dot is in comparison with everything else in the universe and reflect on the late Prof. Carl Sagan's infamous quote.

Edited by RT65CB-SWL
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...