Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Website to find hotels/Airbnbs by their light pollution index

mango

Hi,

I created a website that overlays the World Atlas 2020 light pollution map with hotels from Booking.com and Airbnbs.
Link: DarkHotels - Find hotels in rural areas for stargazing and detox

I built it because I was tired of switching maps, and I'm delighted to share it with the community here.

Please give me feedback, ways to improve, and share it with your friends! Would mean a lot.

Best,

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 4.18.50 PM.png

Edited by mango
  • Like 7

This looks a useful resource. However, when I look at one of my favourite villages, Alnmouth, Northumberland, there is only one place and that’s Booking.com. I tried several dates in the future and there was no change. Yet I know there are many AirBnB in the area. I not sure it actually updated when i changed dates.

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

This looks a useful resource. However, when I look at one of my favourite villages, Alnmouth, Northumberland, there is only one place and that’s Booking.com. I tried several dates in the future and there was no change. Yet I know there are many AirBnB in the area. I not sure it actually updated when i changed dates.

How dark is Alnmouth? Went past it on the train to our recent holiday in Scotland and it looked really pretty and worth a future visit?

Peter

53 minutes ago, PeterW said:

How dark is Alnmouth? Went past it on the train to our recent holiday in Scotland and it looked really pretty and worth a future visit?

Peter

It’s not that dark. But there are plenty of dark places nearby. 
Alnmouth is a beautiful place.

On 25/08/2023 at 20:00, JeremyS said:

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, I have validated your problem and it looks like a bunch of Airbnbs are not showing up properly in "Alnmouth, Northumberland" although they seem available on Airbnb.com. I am going to investigate and will let you know once the problem if fixed.

Thank you all for your positive feedback.

• Thanks 1