Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Reprocess of Jupiter from 10/8/23

Kon

Looking at my Jupiter image from yesterday, I feel it was sharpened on steroids and it was rather unpleasing to my eye. I think the new rendition is much better. I also played with the colour balance.

edit: thanks Stuart @Space Cowboy for your feedback that even my last version was still on steroids 😂. . A much smoother processing now. I think this warmer colour balance is probably better too.

2023-08-10-0403_4lat.png.244b383737444f59bad0510783518922.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Looking at my Jupiter image from yesterday, I feel it was sharpened on steroids and it was rather unpleasing to my eye. I think the new rendition is much better. I also played with the colour balance.

image.png.a7bdd249f81639be456fa1983f46fbbe.png

Ive got to be honest Kostas. The steroids are still in your system 🙂 Looks way over processed to me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Ive got to be honest Kostas. The steroids are still in your system 🙂 Looks way over processed to me.

Thanks Stuart. I will try again🤣

16 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Steroids hopefully out of the system 😂

2023-08-10-0403_4-new.png.41c47f0e22a8d9ddac02caf12dc6c937.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

Could you run through your work flow for these images,I know you use a dob,but do you manually track...cracking images.

I use the drift method where i let the planet pass through my sensor, recentre and repeat; I do not stop the captures in betweem. I have my RACI and camera aligned together so it is a bit easier to do this process. I use a tight window 640x480 so a bit of work. I should be able to use the full sensor in FC and set a ROI but I have not come around doing it yet.

I do my focusing manually too. It's a bit of work but I still enjoy it. Let me know if you have other questions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kon said:

Steroids hopefully out of the system 😂

2023-08-10-0403_4-new.png.41c47f0e22a8d9ddac02caf12dc6c937.png

That's a lot better. Nicer colour balance no smearing and finer detail though personally I would pull it back a pinch more...just a tiny bit. Remember Jupiter is gas with whispy fine cloud.

I know it's very easy to push for detail especially when seeing is good and all that stuff pops out. I do it often but then need to pull it back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

That's a lot better. Nicer colour balance no smearing and finer detail though personally I would pull it back a pinch more...just a tiny bit. Remember Jupiter is gas with whispy fine cloud.

I know it's very easy to push for detail especially when seeing is good and all that stuff pops out. I do it often but then need to pull it back.

Thanks Stuart. I really appreciate the honest feedback. I agree that I was drawn to the 'fine details ' but I know what you mean.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kon said:

edit: thanks Stuart @Space Cowboy for your feedback that even my last version was still on steroids 😂. . A much smoother processing now. I think this warmer colour balance is probably better too.

2023-08-10-0403_4lat.png.244b383737444f59bad0510783518922.png

That looks really good! You are ticking all the boxes with that one!

• Thanks 1