Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Two hour test on the Witches broom nebula.

tich

I've been having a few issues lately with the RASA 11 V1, firstly the collimation went out for some reason so I eventually managed to sort that when we had a clear night, that night came briefly on Sunday night Monday morning, I had some Gremlins with the software & the Onstepped CGE Pro mount so I ended up recalibrating PHD2 which fixed it & I finally got imaging. I did rush the processing a bit as I had to go to work so it's literally a background extraction & colour calibration in SIRIL then removed the stars to stretch the image then popped them back in using Photoshop & flipped the image the right way. 
Equipment; Altair 26C camera, IDAS NBZ filter, RASA 11 V1 on a Celestron CGE Pro fitted with an ONSTEP kit. Forty, three minute subs stacked on DSS & Processed using the above method.

stars_VeilNebula26CRASA11-DeNoiseAI-severe-noise.thumb.jpg.afd74e417953774f9cbafaec1c9d7cf4.jpg

• Like 17

Amazing what a RASA can do in a relatively short time! When I zoom in I can see that the stars are not perfectly round, but that is only apparent when zoomed in so not a major issue and in my experience with RASAs it is very tricky to get perfect stars. I would expect BlurXTerminator to take care of it.

Your colours are virtually identical to the image I caught with a RASA8 and NBZ filter, and details are also similar. I gave it 11.5 hours but then the moon was as full as it can be:

https://www.astrobin.com/ja0aqw/C/

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 09:44, gorann said:

Amazing what a RASA can do in a relatively short time! When I zoom in I can see that the stars are not perfectly round, but that is only apparent when zoomed in so not a major issue and in my experience with RASAs it is very tricky to get perfect stars. I would expect BlurXTerminator to take care of it.

Your colours are virtually identical to the image I caught with a RASA8 and NBZ filter, and details are also similar. I gave it 11.5 hours but then the moon was as full as it can be:

https://www.astrobin.com/ja0aqw/C/

Yeah I think there is some tilt in the imaging train but I'm not to bothered about it, I don't use Pixinsight due to myself running an old PC so I've been keeping things simple with SIRIL & Photoshop. If I can round the stars using any one of those I'd be happier as I don't have much room to fit a tilt adapter as I already have a filter drawer & rotator fitted.

• Like 1