NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi everyone,

My wife gave me Skywatcher Explorer 130m EQ2 for birthday. I have not been able to use since it is bright 24X7. So until I can start to use i am doing research. My scope came with three lenses:

• 25mm (36x)
  • 10mm  (90x)
  • 2x Barlow.

I have been trying to find a bag for it and lenses and filters. I have found lenses online but what I am trying to find is how I can tell what quality the lenses are. Are there brands of lenses I should stay away from and so on. 

What online stores are good to find products and information about products for the telescope?

Appreciate any advice given.

Baldur

8 minutes ago, Baldurth said:

Hi everyone,

My wife gave me Skywatcher Explorer 130m EQ2 for birthday. I have not been able to use since it is bright 24X7. So until I can start to use i am doing research. My scope came with three lenses:

• 25mm (36x)
  • 10mm  (90x)
  • 2x Barlow.

I have been trying to find a bag for it and lenses and filters. I have found lenses online but what I am trying to find is how I can tell what quality the lenses are. Are there brands of lenses I should stay away from and so on. 

What online stores are good to find products and information about products for the telescope?

Appreciate any advice given.

Baldur

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Are you based in the U.K.?

These lenses are a good step up from those supplied with a scope:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/bst-starguider-eyepieces.html

The choice of eyepieces you could buy is very wide.  The 10mm often supplied in scope kits is not great. The 25mm may be more acceptable, likewise the Barlow lens. 

I'd suggest you try using the scope for a few nights before shopping for accessories. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baldurth said:

Hi @Zermelo

No I am living in Iceland. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Ah, I'm not sure if we already have any members over there, but we may find out shortly.

First Light Optics (who support this site) do ship to Iceland:

image.png.4b34a8133e2ea7b439ae98bf4a57d6d2.png

but you may have a more convenient option locally.

Hope you're not too near that volcano :icon_biggrin: