Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak MEF3 Micro Focuser First Impressions

MalcolmM

I fitted the MEF3 to my recently sold Tak FS128 several years ago.

I took the time to research the net to learn from other Tak R&P and MEF3 users, and fitted the new part in 10 minutes with zero issues.

Perhaps the "issues" are simply due to the fact that scopes are all individually used, with great variances in how, and with what accessories (eyepieces, diagonals, filters, barlows, binoviewers etc etc) they are used.

If you get into a new car, you spend a few minutes adjusting the seat, steering wheel and controls to your shape and comfort preferences and needs. 

I think the same approach should hold true when "fettling" a new scope focuser and/or microfocuser 🙂.

There is a huge weight difference between using say a Tak 1.25" diagonal prism with a 10mm BCO, and a 2" Everbright Diagonal, loaded with  2" Clicklock and Maxbright II Binoviewers..so it shouldnt be a surprise if your focuser may need some adjustment!

Dave

PS: My Tak FS128 is now with a delighted new owner. My new Vixen SD115S, recently acquired in "as new" condition from Tim (@Franklin), had a More Blue 12:1 reduction fitted by him. Its a wonderful addition to the already excellent original fit Vixen R&P unit, and I heartily recommend it!

Dave

20240204_152924.thumb.jpg.728d67dae0943299f928328ec75350e42.jpg.1ed9fdddfd81aa27cfbf09086947943a.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Additional text info
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...