Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stuart Semple's new rent-free alternative to Adobe CS on kickstarter.

People might be interested to read about this new project being launched on kickstarter by Stuart Semple, activist artist(!). 

The aim is to replicate adobe CS and make it rent-free with lifetime upgrades included. Stick it to the man!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/culturehustle/abode-a-suite-of-world-class-design-and-photography-tools

I don't know if it will work or get its ass sued off but Mr Semple is a bit of a legend and worth checking out.

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this, very interesting article, and Stuart is a very interesting guy.

Software looks very promising if they don't get sued, I think naming the software Suite and and logo to look like the Adobe suite will be the downfall though.

Intellectual property law is pretty specific when it comes to  protecting ( inventions, designs, brands, artwork and music ) any similarities of art or design are quickly dealt with.

I will be keeping an eye on his page though, as i'm stuck on Mojave on my Mac, as I refuse to upgrade to the lates OS because my Adobe CS5 suite does not work the newer OS

Many thanks.

I wish Stuart Semple all the best of luck with this, and I share the negative sentiment towards Adobe, but ….. 

Given there  already exist successful alternatives to CS, both paid for and free, is disgruntlement at Adobe enough to sustain such a project?  Once the point is made will Stuart and the other developers lose interest in what comes over as a protest project? That’s even before we get to the legal aspects and whether there exists the market for another package.

Personally I moved on from my disgruntled stage years ago and now use Pixinsight and Affinity on my Mac. 

Edited by Ouroboros

I’m not a professional user of photo editing or graphic design software but as already stated aren’t there viable alternatives to the Adobe software already out there?

Edited by tomato