Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Servere geomagnetic storm under way!

Leo S

I didn't capture it so well here in mid Cornwall this time. I got the purple sky on camera early on, just as it was getting dark - I could see the glow by eye, though not the colour. Following an interruption for cloud, I returned home for supper and to prepare for work in the morning. Much later it cleared again and I captured some very faint pink/purple columns. I was out for about 90 minutes in all, over 3 sessions between 21:30 and 02:30, but happened to miss all the peaks in the activity. Hopefully there will be more opportunities in this solar cycle 😃 .

Regards, Mike.

Edited by mcrowle
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be a further chance of Aurora tonight, 7-8 May. Good luck to anyone with clear skies. I’ll keep an eye on geomagnetic and meteorological conditions, but currently Clear Outside forecasts 100% low cloud, 100% medium level cloud and 100% high cloud.

I make that 300% cloud! 🤪

Regards, Mike

• Haha 3