Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M65 another piece of the puzzle

MikeD

Hi All.:)

I managed to grab some more data last night for my Leo trio composite.

28 @ 5 Min's luminance through my 10" newt and HX916.

I now have NGC3628 as L/Ha-R/G/B, m66 as L/Ha-R/G/B and M65 as L

Just need to get Ha-R/G/B for M65 and the RGB starfeild with the 80Ed.

Problem is Leo is approaching obstructions from my location earlier and earlier, just hope I get some more clear skies soon to get the rest of the data before it's out of my reach.

Mike.

post-13376-133877366551_thumb.jpg

Think you guys in the SE drew the short straw this bank holiday while we had a few glorious days and nights... And to think I didnt make use of any of them...

Ah well scopes are heading out to the obs tonight for hopeully the last time for a while...... just got to get my head round sorting out the polar alignment then... :)

I'm hoping a few itterations of the built in wedge align routines will be sufficient coupled with the autoguiding...

Scope can be left in "hibernate" mode then ready for almost instant action... :)

Peter...

Thanks again all :).

I couldn't resist a quick look to see how my M65 and M66 would look together.

So I put the two raw fits stacks together in maxim and processed the two as one image, to give me an idea of the relative brightness of the two ready for the final process when I have all the data I need.

Mike.

Full size is here ( click me)

post-13376-133877366667_thumb.jpg

Archived