Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your...most loved scope!

54 minutes ago, The Lapwing said:

You really don't see many champagne coloured ones these days do you. Any idea how old it is John? I think the blue tubes came first. 

The ED80 and 100 came in blue tubes initially - I've owned them both in that colour scheme. The 100 was a peach of a scope and I wish I'd held onto it.

The ED120 was anticipated for some time but it took longer to come to market than expected so by the time it arrived Skywatcher had launched their "Pro" series in the champagne / white livery which comprised the ED80, ED100, ED120 plus the 150 and 180 maksutov-cassegrains.

I think that was around 2006/7.

So I guess mine is around 16 years old. I've owned it for more than a decade. 

• 4 weeks later...

I owned an APM105 that was given to me in lieu of wages when I worked for APM America. It was a fantastic telescope. I also loved my WO110mm which just looked awesome.

My favourite though was my first scope, an Orion 8"dob which opened my eyes to the night sky and helped introduce me to a man who became a good friend, Bob Moore who organises the NEAIC.

That's my son btw in 2008.

Andromeda! Definitely Andromeda dad_edited.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

Edited by moggi1964
  • Like 5