NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Star parties in the uk

your best bet maybe the Kelling Heath star parties in Norfolk. They are held twice a year, although the autumn one may be difficult to get a slot at, Otherwise I guess you are looking at the northern ones in Dalby forest in August and the two Keilder ones.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2023 at 08:22, labtech1122 said:

Hi, is there any star parties this year around the Midlands area in the uk? I live near peterborough but don't mind travelling a distance to get places

Depends upon how far you want to travel. I live just south of Norwich, but prefer the friendliness and the vibe of the AstroCamp at Cwmdu in Wales. (Just North of Crickhowell)  https://www.astrocamp.awesomeastronomy.com

The Spring event May have sold out now, but you may get lucky!

Good luck to whichever one you choose.

Chris

19 minutes ago, Cjg said:

Depends upon how far you want to travel. I live just south of Norwich, but prefer the friendliness and the vibe of the AstroCamp at Cwmdu in Wales. (Just North of Crickhowell)  https://www.astrocamp.awesomeastronomy.com

The Spring event may have sold out now, but you may get lucky!

I checked recently as someone contacted me through our Astro Society, and as of Friday there were 4 pitches still available - none with EHU I'm afraid, but if you can be self contained, there are some free. 

I can confirm that Astrocamp is a very friendly Star Party - and a good Podcast too, 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Kelling heath is very good and well organised

Astroboot sale and a few astro vendors turn up on the Saturday. The pitch price is also discounted for duration of the star party. 

One of your replys said there 2 but  it's 3 time's a year.  

We traval up from Rugby for the  3 star party's spring and autumn and winterfest and if the weather is not on our side there is a good  pub restaurant and shop on site .

If you want a pitch thay are very offen full but if people can't turn up for what ever reason they sell them on Slg for sale section and AA  buy  sell UK  so watch theses  ads.Regards Solarboy. 

Edited by solarboy