Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula

Gerr

The Rosette Nebula in Monoceros (the 'Unicorn' constellation) and open cluster NGC 2244. I have been meaning to revisit this nebula and got my chance last week (I've only been trying for three years)!!

Even so, the weather was problematic (as usual) and I lost a few subs (approx. 50%) but still managed 30 lights of 240 secs duration (about 2hrs integration time - rarely do I get more where I live).

My weapons were the Zwo ASI294MC Pro, SWED80 Refractor (on my HEQ5 Mount) and pre-emptive use of the Optolong L-eXtreme filter (the Moon was 47% illuminated).

This combination along with good luck and some limited calibration frames (no more than 10 Darks, Flats & Dark Flats) allowed me to produce my best image so far!!

Processed using DSS and Photoshop CS (with some extra 3rd party plug ins).

Hope you like.

RosetteNebulaWebImage.thumb.jpg.eba52be7d9a681ef9b5df429f9bad677.jpg

• Like 6

My previous attempt was using the same SWED80 Pro, HEQ5 Mount but a Canon 650D Camera (see image below).

Processed in DSS and Photoshop 7.

Not sure how many lights I took but I'm glad to say I think I have learned a bit about astrophotography and processing since then!!

Being a member on this forum has certainly helped!!

Gerr.

OldRoseeta.jpg.4de21301395eec05c843bc2d7e644ef5.jpg

• Like 2