Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 pc Hi-Rez mosaic CPC1100

WestCoastCannuck

From Oct 15th, 2022...  first light weekend with my CPC1100. For whatever reason,  I had not tried putting these images together till now. So glad I did. Was pretty good seeing and the view is very nice!  

Lots to see here starting with the dramatic 365km long Serpentine Ridge running down the from the upper right.  It is part of the 620km diameter inner ring of the Serenitatis Basin.  You can see the wall of Posidonius at the edge of light, top right.  The Serpentine Ridge system rolls right down into the Plinius Rilles,  then Plinius Crater itself with its the dramatic low lighting showing off its high walls and ejecta.  A feature of interest in this view just to the east, seemingly floating in space is the heights of Mons Argaeus, a mountainous massif 65km long. The summit is approximately 2560 meters above the plain of Mare Serenitatis. (wikipedia) Directly south of the Serpentine Ridge is another favourite ridge system known as Lamont - a ring shape with ridges extending out around it.  

To the west of Lamont you can see Rima Ariadaeus, what looks a bit like a broken, straight road then another favourite of mine, the Amoeba shaped Rima Hyginus.  There are many, many more small features here to find with a Moon Atlas!

Hope you enjoy.

Mike

2022-10-15-1312_5-U-L-ASI290MM_Gn178_Ex5.0ms-5pc-C11-PR-WV23_38-NR1-VCL3_40_0.15-2.thumb.jpg.801bca834f42a9acdcf6c871f84d3ec3.jpg

Clear skies to all!  (Seems a rare thing for quite a while now. ;(  )

Mike

😎

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
typo
  • Like 11