NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2024 Scotland's Spring Galloway Premier Star Camp.

Physopto

Back home after a good drive and another excellent GSP. Car all unpacked and stuff put away. Thanks to Leslie for her outstanding campsite and hospitality.

Really good to meet old and new attendees, Derek even made a surprise visit👍

Saturday night was by far the only clear night😂😂. Excellent images Lucas👍, post more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back home from the camp at half 7 with a little traffic around Penrith holding me up half an hour. 

So the end of another Star Camp and really enjoyed the time at Drumroamin. 

Good to see old and new attendees and pleased everyone enjoyed it even though the weather has been challenging. 

When the clear skies finally appeared they were not forecast and gave us clear skies well into the early hours of the morning. 

Hopefully see you all in the Autumn for another great star camp. 

Nice images and time lapse from Lucas if anyone wants a taste of what can be achieved and seen from galloways dark skies.

Thank you to all 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 4

Hi  everyone.

I was going to write this on my laptop but due to forgetting the power supply....

So. on the phone I am afraid (takes ages).

I wish to thank everyone who managed to attend the Spring 2024 Drumroamin Scottish Star Camp. I gather everyone had a good time and those first time attendees gave the thumbs up.

I managed to get there on Saturday for a brief visit and see some of those left at the end. Everyone I talked to was happy and new attendees also said they wished to return in the Autumn 👍. Great news!

So finally I wish to once again thank our hosts, Lesley and Ralph for their continued support.

See you all in the Autumn. 🙂

• Like 1

Home and unpacked, thanks again for a great week and introduction to star parties in general.

Lots of data to process and back to work tomorrow, so don't expect processed images to be posted any time soon 🤣

Here is one last time-lapse taken on the last night, thought I would try and get the mount tracking the sky in the video, I'm fairly happy with the result although focus in an issue as this lens has a hyperfocal distance of about 24m so no way to get the mount and the sky in focus together, so I went for almost in focus mount, slightly blury sky... looks ok though... even caught the meridian flip 👍

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Got the caravan away back to storage finally and had chance to process my images.

Think I had the screen brightness up so they looked faint once transferred to phone 🙄

Stu done a proper job for me ...

Messenger_creation_a3494d03-66dd-4209-b14c-3c9fdb81c441.thumb.jpeg.9686d33881b165f6e47426114b5d7615.jpeg

Messenger_creation_2762ea4f-7899-42c0-999c-b216aace1893.thumb.jpeg.6b516bed426587dbdd0c590ccd32a152.jpeg

Quite pleased with the collimation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mapstar said:

Excellent images John 

Thanks Damien, something to work on, I'd forgot to remove the filter so should get something better next autumn, was thinking collimation would take all night but it went well, then I didnt fancy dismantling it all in the field to get the filter from inside the hyperstar. 

But happy with results 🙂

On 20/02/2024 at 22:58, LandyJon said:

Got the caravan away back to storage finally and had chance to process my images.

Think I had the screen brightness up so they looked faint once transferred to phone 🙄

Stu done a proper job for me ...

Messenger_creation_a3494d03-66dd-4209-b14c-3c9fdb81c441.thumb.jpeg.9686d33881b165f6e47426114b5d7615.jpeg

Messenger_creation_2762ea4f-7899-42c0-999c-b216aace1893.thumb.jpeg.6b516bed426587dbdd0c590ccd32a152.jpeg

Quite pleased with the collimation.

Very nice Jon. So Stu is doing it all for you then...................   😂

Only teasing

37 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Very nice Jon. So Stu is doing it all for you then...................   😂

Only teasing

Yes, I need to put some time in to learning the processing now I've got some good data collecting kit.

Was at this point 2 years ago with the 6", now I've finally got everything I need for the 9.25 and got it working I can start concentrating on learning photoshop techniques.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2024 at 12:46, LandyJon said:

Yes, I need to put some time in to learning the processing now I've got some good data collecting kit.

Was at this point 2 years ago with the 6", now I've finally got everything I need for the 9.25 and got it working I can start concentrating on learning photoshop techniques.

I hate processing. Like the rest, 😃

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back home tomorrow so I will be posting new  Star Camp dates for 2025 within the next week.

Had a few computer stability problems over in Port patrick area.

Just need to confer with Lesley about the proposed dates.

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2