SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StarXTerminator AI selection?

From the website..

The AI11 neural network comes in three variants to maximize compatibility with various computer hardware. Use whichever will work on your machine and suits your purposes:

• The full version produces the best results, but makes intensive use of compute and memory resources, and may take a very long time or not work at all on older or less-endowed machines.
  • The "lite" version uses about 4x less memory and may improve execution time on less-endowed machines.
  • The "lite.nonoise" version omits the noise matching module, and will significantly improve execution time, but areas where stars once were will have little to no noise. This is generally not an issue if noise reduction has been or will be performed on the image.
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Tomatobro I should have read the blurb rather than just downloading and using!

As an aside I've just done some processing with starXTerminator and used debayer'd image files (comet aligned) it will remove the stars from these files but the star image content is useless. Comet content however is fine.

Edited by fwm891

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

My machine manages the default pretty well, but where did you find these options?

Olly

Hi Olly, just press the Select AI button and the options appear. 

Wow, I've just passed a processing tip onto Olly, albeit a straighforward instuction, talk about Stranger Things...😉

screenshot_15.jpg.b52063c0597ce8ea4204394b2e1772dc.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, R26 oldtimer said:

I think you have to click on the wrench icon, bottom right.

Thanks. I have to ask: does your forum name refer to BMW's old 250 single, of which there were quite a few in Greece at one time?

7 minutes ago, tomato said:

Hi Olly, just press the Select AI button and the options appear. 

Wow, I've just passed a processing tip onto Olly, albeit a straighforward instuction, talk about Stranger Things...😉

screenshot_15.jpg.b52063c0597ce8ea4204394b2e1772dc.jpg

Thanks, but I don't get that box. I get a cheap and nasty one like this:

SXT.JPG.50ed3be396cee6f3dd61aba0fb60e703.JPG

Quite honestly, mine looks as if might have come out of a christmas cracker.

Yours faithfully,

Miffed,  of Etoile St Cyrice.

Edited by ollypenrice

Isnt that just the difference between the PixInsight plugin and the Photoshop one?

The PS plugin doesnt need the unscreen stars or generate star image option since those are easy to do with the layer blending modes whereas with Pixinsight its not so easy.

2 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

Guilty as charged 😂...

2014-09-27-071.thumb.jpg.bd41e4018cd05ec4296aacb473f8686c.jpg

2014-09-27-072.thumb.jpg.86352ce865cf15a735baf5709c9953e8.jpg

Lucky you! And a man of taste. These were unkown to me in the UK till I first saw one as a backpacking student in Greece in 1972. I was delighted by the idea of half an R50 and have wanted one ever since. I did a lot of miles on an R60/5 and an R100/7 but I can't reach the ground from the modern ones and I don't want all that power anyway, as I hit seventy. (Plus I can't afford them. :D)

Olly

• Thanks 1