Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bored so doing boring jobs

dannybgoode

Got some form of lurgy, feeling sorry for myself and not really up to doing the interesting tasks I had lined up for this extended weekend never mind actually getting some astro time in so running through some menial tasks.  Not really be doing much since February so running through such exciting jobs as updating Windows and all associated software on my rig control mini PC, dusting down my scope and accessories, processing old data that is still rubbish not matter how much my processing abilities have improved and otherwise reminding myself how everything works 🤣

Anyone else got an evening of fun planned?

28 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I've been stuck in the house with a flu-like virus. Spent a lot of time shredding old bank statements and receipts etc. Oddly satisfying 😜

Ooo, I'll add that to my list of things to do whilst I'm feeling similarly shabby. Got a stack of shredding to do... 

Shredding? Don't get me started!

Wife has about 10 years of assorted "confidential" documents that are easily dealt with by just ripping off or redacting things like name or address.

Even Netflix envelope covers have to be shredded!  The postman knows our address, so do all the people in our apartment block

At one time she ordered a shredding company to visit to process just a few pounds of documents that she insisted watching through the window on the side of the shredding truck.

Cost a fortune and "honey, how do you know they were our documents that you saw reduced to tatters ?"

I volunteered to do it myself and in moments of idleness I sit, turn me off, switch on the shredder and spend an hour or two zoned out with shredding.

I entertain myself by occasionally looking at what I am asked to  shred. Bank statements or tax returns ? Fair enough.  But letters to Aunt Maude, Christmas/birthday cards, store catalogs, flyers, ten year old receipts on expired credit cards or even cash etc?

None of them have any info on them that could lead to identity theft. But she insists that every little bar code is a deep state attempt to monitor and manipulate us.

I am glad she believes that as 70 year old very uninteresting retirees with not a penny to our names that we are under intense scrutiny by the CIA, FBI, MI5, Mossad, KGB, and that our phone is tapped.

YEs, I am often asked about the clicks and buzzes she hears over the phone.

I'm done. Back to the shredding......

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, dobblob said:

Shredding? Don't get me started!

Wife has about 10 years of assorted "confidential" documents that are easily dealt with by just ripping off or redacting things like name or address.

Even Netflix envelope covers have to be shredded!  The postman knows our address, so do all the people in our apartment block

At one time she ordered a shredding company to visit to process just a few pounds of documents that she insisted watching through the window on the side of the shredding truck.

Cost a fortune and "honey, how do you know they were our documents that you saw reduced to tatters ?"

I volunteered to do it myself and in moments of idleness I sit, turn me off, switch on the shredder and spend an hour or two zoned out with shredding.

I entertain myself by occasionally looking at what I am asked to  shred. Bank statements or tax returns ? Fair enough.  But letters to Aunt Maude, Christmas/birthday cards, store catalogs, flyers, ten year old receipts on expired credit cards or even cash etc?

None of them have any info on them that could lead to identity theft. But she insists that every little bar code is a deep state attempt to monitor and manipulate us.

I am glad she believes that as 70 year old very uninteresting retirees with not a penny to our names that we are under intense scrutiny by the CIA, FBI, MI5, Mossad, KGB, and that our phone is tapped.

YEs, I am often asked about the clicks and buzzes she hears over the phone.

I'm done. Back to the shredding......

Dont forget the NSA

Shredding, now that’s a job in the to do list.

Having just moved office location at home and we finally sanity checked whet we held, we have a large pile to shred.
Funny how the p60 and bank statement from 2010 feels no longer needed!

Hope all with the lurgy feel better soon.

Slightly less boring - perusing Stellarium and looking for imaging targets.  Building up a nice list but just need to keep my motivation going to actually capture some of them this year (well next year - you know what I mean!).

Don't know how achievable some of them will be from my Bortle 1m+ skies however I have access to a lovely dark field with 360 skies as well once I am confident my whole setup works portable.

Early dinner at a favorite Italian restaurant, watching American football college bowl games.  Mostly cloudy with rain forecast overnight, so probably no chance to do any observing.  

Found a good book on Ancient Egyptian history at a used book seller, so that might tonight's activity.