SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Usb 3 external 12v drive case for car / camping

Earl

• Earl changed the title to Usb 3 external 12v drive case for car / camping
17 hours ago, Earl said:

Could be used for that also

I don't understand why you need a powered drive. Why not just use a large capacity pen drive - if it is serving out music it does not need the speed of a Sata or m2 interface.

1 hour ago, Shimrod said:

I don't understand why you need a powered drive. Why not just use a large capacity pen drive - if it is serving out music it does not need the speed of a Sata or m2 interface.

Because that is what I want. 

On 27/12/2022 at 17:02, Earl said:

Does something as titled exist 

Yes. I have a Startech dual redundant SATA array external enclosure with a pair of 2TB HDDs in it that are in a RAID 2 config. It is 12V d.c. input, so should work OK in a car at 14.4 V, but I don't guarantee it. Have a look at www.startech.com and I am sure you will find what you need.

• Thanks 1

On 02/01/2023 at 12:39, Mandy D said:

Yes. I have a Startech dual redundant SATA array external enclosure with a pair of 2TB HDDs in it that are in a RAID 2 config. It is 12V d.c. input, so should work OK in a car at 14.4 V, but I don't guarantee it. Have a look at www.startech.com and I am sure you will find what you need.

Do you have a model number please? 

On 07/01/2023 at 22:55, Earl said:

Do you have a model number please? 

Sorry for the late reply, I've not been in the office for a few days and needed to see which one I am using. Your link is to the wrong product, here is the one I have:

https://www.startech.com/en-gb/hdd/s352bu313r

Edited by Mandy D
  • Like 1