Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

From the Propeller Nebula to Westerhout 63 in Cygnus

gorann

This SNR is another cool target for RASA owners! This is a two panel mosaic including the rather well known Propeller Nebula and the very large but faint supernova remnant (WC63 aka SNR G 082.2+05.3), which is possibly even more faint than the Squid Nebula.

Captured with my dual RASA 8 rig with ASI2600MC and IDAS NBZ filter. 92 x 5 min. Processed in PI and PS using both StarXT and Noise XT, which really helps squeezing out that last part of faint nebulosity. ( I don't think BlurXT does much for an image like this with few delicate details).

20221218 RASA 1+2 Propellar+SNR PS5smallSign.jpg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, carastro said:

You sure are picking up some faint stuff with your nice darks skies, kit and skills.

Carole  

Thanks Carole! Yes, a dark sky really helps for an object like this.

2 minutes ago, tomato said:

Faint and big, just right for your dual RASA rig! I might be wrong but this could be the first image of this object posted on SGL.👍

Could be! This two-planel mosaic has a big overlap in the middle, to double the data on the SNR. The left part of the mosaic was captured two nights ago and combined with data to the right, including the SNR, that I captured two years ago and may have posted here, but then with less data so not as good.