SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars Nov 27th

Space Cowboy

Finally got some Mars data last night but only at 40 degrees as cloud and rain were forecast after 10pm. First outing with my new OLED laptop which made the seeing look better than it was on screen.

6 min SER @465fps producing 137000 frames. Quality controlled in PIPP selecting best 10000 frames then 80% stacked in AS!3.

Pretty ordinary image after all that!

250 flextube dob+ 3x tv & ext with asi 224mc producing f18 :

21.51ut

1216957803_2022-11-27-2151_5-2022-11-27-2151_5-U-L-Mars_pipp_lapl5_ap16analy.png

• Like 14

9 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Quite clean though Stuart. Will need better seeing to get more detail. Welcome to the UK sabotage skies Mars club. Love the colour. 

Thanks Neil. I thought my stock eyepiece holder was doing the sabotaging when I was getting a wonky reading from the laser collimator at the start of the night. Still got doubts about how well collimated this scope is. Good seeing would probably clear any paranoia! 

3 hours ago, Kon said:

Very nice capture and you have clearly caught the south polar cap clouds as well. I like the colour balance as well.

Thanks Kon! It was nice just to see some detail on screen after my previous couple of outings staring at mush.  

I do like to use colour vibrance in image analyser rather than saturation to keep the colour looking natural.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I do like to use colour vibrance in image analyser rather than saturation to keep the colour looking natural.

I should give that a try for the colour as I usually boost the saturation and it can look a bit artificial in the end.

• Like 1