Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quark with st80

moriniboy

• 1 month later...

Hey guys so I’m not a quark owner but I am an ST80 owner and there is a book in the Patrick Moore series just about the ST80 and in that book there’s a write up on solar observing with an ST80 I believe one guys did exactly this with a quark and hot great views I think 

I considered a Quark (2019 I think) when looking to upgrade from my PST. But could not convince myself it was a good move.
I never worked out how a Quark eyepiece cost more than a complete Daystar scope yet both supposedly gave good views.
In the end I ended up with a Lunt LS60.

It is accepted in the community that etalons (any manufacturer) have a lot of variability in performance. You might buy a bad one.
If you provide your own scope and possible additional filtering, the retailer/manufacturer may argue your components are the problem.
If the retailer or manufacturer has provided the complete package, he can only blame your setup skills and sky conditions!

That was my reasoning a few years back. Maybe etalons have improved now?

• 2 months later...