Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach Charon Observer's Chair

cajen2

On 15/12/2022 at 18:06, Stephenstargazer said:

@Jules Tohpipi the Charon dimensions measured as used:

Footprint  32.5 cm wide, 52cm deep

Seat  26cm wide, 23cm deep

Seat height   15cm lowest, 92cm highest.

Thank you very much indeed for this Stephen! Apologies for the delay replying as the run up to Christmas has been a much busier/traumatic time than usual.

The 52cm deep footprint is much much more compact than I expected - which is a good thing. 

I just got to add that I ended up buying the Berlebach Charon a month or so ago. I opted for the better build of the Charon over the Geoptik Nadira and I am pleased that I did. The quality is very good and it’s one of the best astronomy purchases I’ve ever made. No more aching back and neck, and the height adjustment is great especially when using my frac on an EQ mount.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I just got to add that I ended up buying the Berlebach Charon a month or so ago. I opted for the better build of the Charon over the Geoptik Nadira and I am pleased that I did. The quality is very good and it’s one of the best astronomy purchases I’ve ever made. No more aching back and neck, and the height adjustment is great especially when using my frac on an EQ mount.

Glad to hear you are sitting comfortably 👍🏻

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ratlet said:

Do any of you use their char on grass?  Wondering how stable it is on soft ground.  Also how the coating appears to be holding up 

Yes I use my BB Charon chair on grass. No problems. But my lawn is not soft or boggy (I think I’d avoid observing on soft ground in any case). Also this design has a broader area in contact with the ground - I suspect chairs with legs would be more prone to sinking.

Any dirt and a quick wipe removes it. But I rarely need to do that.