Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your transport set up

Now, having a bazuka size Skywatcher 200 DOB, trying to figure out, how should I protect it in transport.

The base is easy, will put it in the car boot. 

Eyepieces also (nearly) sorted, just looking for a nice hard case at the moment.

The telescope itself is the question. I have enough space in the car boot or roof box (the perk of this, the telescope is going to cool down already, when we will get to the chosen site), which is good. I was thinking about some kind of soft case (at the moment, I am going to use the original box...). Anyone has any good suggestion? 

I was looking on the web, but not many options. 

Any kind of advice welcome.

23 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Wrap the tube in a couple of towels, place across the car back seats and use the seat belts. 👍

Sounds good, but the hound is going to be very unhappy. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Quit your job. Buy a removal truck with a tail lift. Become a furniture mover and get paid to work out. Sleep in your truck on the furniture blankets after an all nighter.

Work life balance achieved. 🤣

Worklife balance.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, quaoar said:

Quit your job. Buy a removal truck with a tail lift. Become a furniture mover and get paid to work out. Sleep in your truck on the furniture blankets after an all nighter.

Work life balance achieved. 🤣

Worklife balance.JPG

Outrageous. I am green with envy!

• Like 1