Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 1805 The Heart Nebula

AstroNebulee

I have managed to get the scope out for two nights imaging for a total of 2.5 hours worth here in Cornwall 

50 x 180secs 120 gain - 10

30 x darks, flats and flat darks 

Processed in dss, siril, starnet++2, photoshop cs4 (Startools just to sort the very slight eggy stars when pixel peeping) Topaz Denoise 

Skywatcher 72ed AzGti eq mode 

Asiair pro

Zwo 294mc pro 

Astronomik L3 filter 

Guided. 

Hoping to add some more if it's clear tonight. 

Lee

IC 1805 The Heart Nebula.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
addition
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Very nice rendition, and especially for just 2.5 hours….👍🏻

Thank you 👍, I'm wondering if it stays clear tonight, whether to get more on it or try another target 

1 hour ago, Mandy D said:

Awesome! What a beautiful Nebula. Really nice work.

Thank you Mandy, very kind. 

15 minutes ago, OK Apricot said:

Very good effort indeed! Was this unguided? For the money that AZ GTi really makes a case for itself. Kind of wish I kept hold of mine now and have it a try with AP. 

Thank you kindly, it was guided (I should of put it in the description) I guide with a zwo120 mcs and 30mm guidescope 

29 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you 👍, I'm wondering if it stays clear tonight, whether to get more on it or try another target 

I did this target earlier this year and got 5.5 hours, and it’s not that different from yours, although mine was only 2 min subs with an L-Extreme dual narrowband filter

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

I did this target earlier this year and got 5.5 hours, and it’s not that different from yours, although mine was only 2 min subs with an L-Extreme dual narrowband filter

I think I may move target, 2.5 hours is a good amount for me. I would try the soul nebula but would have to rotate the camera and after finally just about sorting my tilt issue I've had for so many months, I'm reluctant to touch the imaging train now. I only generally image N-S as if I go S-N the guiding goes wonky. 

1 hour ago, Elp said:

Excellent presentation, almost painterly.

Thank you, extremely kind 😊

1 hour ago, callisto said:

That's a very good image 👍

Mark.

Thank you Mark, I appreciate it 👍

Edited by AstroNebulee
Spelling
  • Like 1