Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sharpcap settings for jupiter with 462 colour camera on a c8 edge hd ,are these ok

iwols

I would personally capture in RAW8 instead of RGB24. Id also use a longer exposure time of around 5ms, and lower gain if necessary. 

Try switching on high speed mode and see what frame rates you get. You’re using a USB3 camera but in a USB2 port, do you have any USB3 ports on your laptop? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

I would personally capture in RAW8 instead of RGB24. Id also use a longer exposure time of around 5ms, and lower gain if necessary. 

Try switching on high speed mode and see what frame rates you get. You’re using a USB3 camera but in a USB2 port, do you have any USB3 ports on your laptop? 

thanks craig im capturing through a usb over lan which takes it down to usb 2 speed

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

I haven't imaged Jupiter though when not using an IR blocking filter I used on general and astro R64 B93

Are you using an IR/UV filter?

hi happy kat,no uv filter but using an adc which doesnt seem to do much

4 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Registax will not accept very large video files, max is 2GB

I think the 2GB limit is actually the 32 bit Microsoft Windows limit on file size.

I use Registax 6 on a 64 bit Windows computer and process full disk solar captures of around 50Gb.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Registax 6 as file handling for large AVI has been tweaked in latest versions.

(Note: this will take forever unless you have a fast PC with lots of RAM and a very fast SSD storage drive , I have 32GB of RAM, an NVMe SSD capable of 6Gb/sec read/write and a multicore processor at 3.9 GHz, and it still takes some time to complete)

Edited by fifeskies