NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 13-8-22 2-07 UT

Ibbo!

Did you oversample to get this size Steve ? or is it a resample. looks like a huge resample. Good image better than the seeing I had that night. A little large for my tastes. I think the downsize that occurs when you click it. works in its favour. I am surprised your seeing wasn't just a de focused blur after what i saw on early Saturn. I didn.t even bother to image Jupiter. packed up and went in. Makes me wonder if i should have tried. The data looks good. Would love to see a more delicate softer presentation as a comparison

4 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Did you oversample to get this size Steve ? or is it a resample. looks like a huge resample. Good image better than the seeing I had that night. A little large for my tastes. I think the downsize that occurs when you click it. works in its favour. I am surprised your seeing wasn't just a de focused blur after what i saw on early Saturn. I didn.t even bother to image Jupiter. packed up and went in. Makes me wonder if i should have tried. The data looks good. Would love to see a more delicate softer presentation as a comparison

You are correct i upsampled to 120 % band forgot to bring it back down again.

Seeing was not so clever earlier on but improved at about 1 am so i popped the teleconvertor on.

3 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

You are correct i upsampled to 120 % band forgot to bring it back down again.

Seeing was not so clever earlier on but improved at about 1 am so i popped the teleconvertor on.

You should save the data on a separate hard drive for processing later when its cloudy. its good to revisit good data. Sometimes you can get more out later. 

Any way well done on the capture looks like your having some good results